Journey of Life

Journey of Life
The Life of Pastor Kelly Begins

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Repentant Heart

Pastor Kelly knew some things had to change in his life. He could not keep going the way he had been going. He wonders why things have to be so difficult. Why do they have to be so hard. The fact remains the first step of recovery is to be repentant. O Loving Kind God, have mercy, have pity on me and take away this terrible stain of my transgressions. Oh wash me, cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again for I admit my shameful deed-it haunts me night and day. It is against you and you alone. I sinned and did this terrible thing. You saw it all and your sentence against me is just. But I was born a sinner, yes from the moment my mother conceived me, you deserve honesty from the heart, yes, utter sincerity and truthfulness. Oh give me this wisdom.

Sprinkle me with the cleansing blood and I shall be clean again. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. After you have punished me, give me back my joy again. Don't keep  looking at my sins-erase them  from your sight.  Create in me a clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Don't toss me aside, banished from your presence. Don't take your holy spirit from me. Restore again the joy of your salvation  and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to other sinners-guilty like me-will repent and return to you. Don't sentence me to death, O my God, you alone can rescue me. Then I will sing of your forgiveness, for my lips will be unsealed-Oh how I will praise you. You don't want penance, if you did how gladly I would do it! You are not interested in burnt offerings before you on an altar. It is a broken spirit you want-a broken and contrite heart, O God you will not ignore (Psalms 51:1-17

No comments:

Post a Comment